Name:
Location: Arizona

Thursday, April 03, 2008

I've been thinking about what I want people to say to me when they find out. So far the best face to face thing was, "been there, done that." followed by a hug. I have had so many hug lately mainly from fellow travelers who have gone through it. The worst thing so far is when someone starts telling me a horror story about someone who had IT. I don't like to hear, "I am sorry" or "how terrible". I want to hear success stories and about how strong I am and how it is just shit I have to get though. My cousin, Judi sent me the best letter so far. Here it is:

I'm sorry to hear the journey continues down rockier roads.  Imagine the victory at the end, so much more the victory given the challneges.  With a higher degree of difficulty dive, comes the opportunity to "wow"!  Never before have you been in such a position to take control over the mind/body connection.  You get it.  You are a winner!
 
Begin with the end in mind -- see every cell cancer free.
 
Keep your mind strong (it is your power and always within your control).  Do not allow even a small crack of mental doubt -- as that is an entryway for dis-ease.
 
I am here with you every day searching the corners of your mental energy and sending you positive energy to keep the healing power strong.
 
The music will put you in the proper state to connect with all that is good.  Good heals.  Refuse the bad, avoid the negative, embrace your soul.
 
Do something fun today.  We are going to the Tempe Arts Festival. Jane and Christa are in town.  Come join us, they would love to see you.
 
Grace and Peace are with you.
Be confident.
 
I love you.
Judi

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joke a Day

A new, special kind of store just opened up in a Manhatten shopping center. This store sells husbands, yes that’s right - women can browse men from floors of choices.

Actually, there are 6 floors of men, and with an increase in the floor level bringing an positive attributes… a nifty setup - with a catch. As you open the door to any floor, you may choose a man from that floor but if you go up, you cannot go back down except to exit the building. Interesting, right?

So a young woman goes to the shopping center to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs. The woman reads the sign and says to herself, “Well, that’s better than my last boyfriend, but I wonder what’s further up?” So up she goes.

The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids. The woman remarks to herself, “That’s great, but I wonder what’s further up?” And up she goes again.

The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids and are extremely good looking. “Hmmm, better” she says. “But I wonder what’s upstairs?”

The fourth floor sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are extremely good looking and help with the housework. “Wow!” exclaims the woman, “very tempting. BUT, there must be more further up!” And again she heads up another flight.

The fifth floor sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are extremely good looking, help with the housework and have a strong romantic streak. “Oh, mercy me! But just think… what must be awaiting me further on?” So up to the sixth floor she goes.

The sixth floor sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 7,548,652 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor only exists as proof that women are impossible to please.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joke II.

An elderly lady goes into the doctor and tells him - “Doctor, I don’t know what the problem is, but I’ve been farting all the time. It’s not really a problem socially because they don’t make any noise and don’t smell. I just can’t stop farting all the time. In fact, since I’ve been standing here I must have farted at least 20 times.”

The doc says “I’ve got just the stuff.” and gives her some pills. “Here take these for 10 days, then return for a followup appointment.”

So she takes the pills and returns 10 days later as instructed. Infuriated, she confronted the doctor. “What kind of medicine is this? I’m still farting just as much! They still don’t make any noise, but now they stink terribly!”

The doctor nodded, “Great, now that we’ve your sinuses cleared up, we’ll work on your hearing next!”

7:28 PM  
Blogger Anne Coe said...

Love the fart joke.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home