Name:
Location: Arizona

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Why are God fearing people so often surprised when something bad happens to them? They act as if they are somehow the chosen ones and if they do certain rituals; go to church, pray, tithe, etc than nothing bad can happen to them. It is as if they can buy God's grace. Rosemary's grandson is having his first crisis of faith as his father is sick and he doesn't understand how a loving God can do this to him. It is hard to explain to a child still in the throws (sic) of pre-critical naivete that that isn't the point of a relationship with God. The point, I think, is that bad things still happen but that we can handle them much better when they do if we have that inner voice to talk to. Now I don't even know what God is and I don't really know why a relationship with IT works but it does and it is much better than being alone in a vast, indifferent cosmos. I guess that is what grace is although I am not sure. I know what it feels like. Can grace be defined or is it like love,romance, hatred, etc. another one of those words for the poets?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home