Name:
Location: Arizona

Friday, November 30, 2007

I find it odd that I can sleep easily, when I am not supposed to be sleeping, but when I turn off the light and get all my pillows arranged the night visitors come and demand that I stay awake and give them the attention that they feel they deserve. They are demanding, irrational, irritating, insatiable. Their constant questions are unanswerable. Is there solace in Descartes, cognito, ergo sum? More in poetry, than in science, cognito: TS Eliot knew.

Inside my brain a dull tom-toms begins
absurdly hammering a prelude of its own,
capricious monotone

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are confused. I am a physician. DCIS is not a life threatening diagnosis. Although it is often described as Stage 0 cancer this diagnosis indicates only that there are cells present (in this case in the ducts in your breast) that could convert to cancer if they are not excised. When describing "survival rates" for women who have these changes in the ducts of their breasts, the rate is 100 %. What are you getting out of the drama expressed on this blog? If you are, indeed, following the course of action suggested as a result of your pathology, family history, genetic predisposition, etc. this is not a matter of fighting for your life; it is a matter of taking care of business in the same way any other changes in your body would be managed. If conversations with your physician are leading you to believe the sky is falling, get another physician. If there are lessons to be learned, follow that path. My experience is that patients who act reasonably have reasonable outcomes. Breathe deeply. Nurture yourself. THink positively. Live well and, with god's blessing, you will live long.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home