Name:
Location: Arizona

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The name of the movie with the 3 scientist on Mont St Michele was "Mindwalk". My friend Ruth Johnson who couldn't figure out how to comment on the blog emailed me and gave me the details. It was based on "Turning Point" by Frithof Capra and was mostly just talk about quantumphysics/metaphysics except it was a little to glib. Physics has to be a little more difficult than that. It was a dialogue between a scientist, Liv Ullman a politician and a poet. Nice setting though. It was the "documentary" version of "What the Bleep......" which was an animation/dramatization/talking head flick about how to make a science movie for the new age. We should have all been given crystals when we left. Neither of these selections are on my list of favorite films but they did move me along a bit in my personal journey of why I am not a scientist but would love to be one.


Any film by Frederico Fellini is top on my list. I will never forget seeing "Juliette of the Spirits" about a middle aged woman going insane. I think. Fellini's films make you think and my mind was just beginning to know that that was a possibility and that there was something else in the world beside boys, cars, cloths. Yes, I will be the first to admit that I was really shallow during certain formative years, but I am glad I was because I learned a great deal about what is important and what isn't. Having fun is important. So is being serious. I like to do both at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home