Name:
Location: Arizona

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I think the question for us now is, "What in the hell do we do?" It is all fine and good talking about ancient traditions and how they exist because they worked but we are watching them crumble before our very eyes and be replaced by fire breathing, hate-mongering fundamentalist. I do realize that fundamentalism is mainly a reaction to the libertine attitudes we are seeing today but frankly neither of these extremes appeals to me nor do I think that they will work in the long run. I do not want to be a fundamentalist nor do I want to be part of the other radical extreme. Maybe this is the way that cultures find balance but it seems to me there has got be be a better way. A thoughtful, reasoned, caring, compassionate way to find balance in a Mondo Cane world. Perhaps the only solution is to let the battle, the armageddon as it were, proceed and let the hate-mongers out-monger the whore-mongers or visa versa. Neither world is very appealing to me. Non servium**, as Steven in Yeat's Portrait of a Artist as a Young Man said. I will not serve.


**This is also what Satan said when he left Heaven. Satan's evil was that he wanted to rule mankind with totalitarian extremes thus eliminating choice. The irony here is obvious. Choice is our salvation and our destroyer, but we have always known that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In other words, Satan created cultural competency, which is about totalitarianism or rights of one over those of all others.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In other words, Satan created cultural competency, which is about totalitarianism or rights of one over those of all others.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home