Name:
Location: Arizona

Monday, October 17, 2005

Are we hard wired to have lots of selves? I don't know about you but I don't just have one personality. I have several to deal with the myriad things I have to do in life, like be an artist hermit, a socialite ( I do have to go out and be cool and interesting on occasion), a demanding activist/teacher, business woman, a shy, meek and humble human being when confronted with things that intimidate me ( I hide this well). These are the basic ones, Oh yes, there is the torch singer, Julie London type too. When I was in college they got so confusing that I lined them all up and gave them names and job descriptions. It helped a lot. After that it didn't seem to be a conflict anymore. If I need to do something really social or political I merely send Justine who handles all of that stuff. Phoebe Phoenix is the weird painter. Moana is the torch singer, etc. etc. I suggest for all the bipolar, schizoids out there that they try this as it can be so helpful. By the way, the shy, meek one doesn't have a name because she doesn't want one. Believe it or not she is, no doubt, the basic one that got squashed by all the others when I realized that shy, meek make life way too difficult. Since she is shy and meek she lets the others take over and is just along for the ride and quite happy from what I hear. We don't let her out too often and we cover for her well. Maybe she is Anne? Maybe I need to get to know her better?

The therapist(patient) is in if you have any comments.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bible says that the meek inherit the earth, so maybe the meek you has more power than the others. Think about it....

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home