Name:
Location: Arizona

Friday, November 17, 2006

How is it possible that screaming kids didn't destroy all possibility for humans to survive when we were vulnerable to so many predators like when we lived in caves? I was at dinner in a restaurant and there were two kids who were out of control. It seems to me that natural selection would have taken care of brats a long time ago. I just had to get that off my mind and your socio biologist out there can answer it for me. I am more interested in the Super theory of everything. Actually until I read the comments on my last blog I didn't even think that all the sciences should be united somehow as I naively thought they were. Doesn't subatomic physics do that? When one gets down to the fundamental particle of all matter what else do you need? It doesn't matter if it is a rock or a cell. Frankly, I don't see a problem. Think small.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Ancestress Hypothesis said...

Subatomic physics cannot explain those brats! Therefore it is not The explanation.

10:45 AM  
Blogger The Ancestress Hypothesis said...

To explain those brats, you need to turn to sociobiology (our kids are immature for a long time; parents teach, nurture, and protect offspring) and culture theory (those parents don't have a clue how to teach their kids or even what their kids need). It was traditions that taught parents how to create well mannered children. It is the loss of those traditions that has led to brats ruining expensive dinners. It is psychology, in all its glory, that told those parents that happy children are what they were to produce. The problem they had was that endulgence does not lead to happiness, despite our feelings (7 deadly sins) that it does. Children respond to order.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Anne Coe said...

Sad but true. Maybe super string theory has the answer. How did we get so far off base that our society has turned children into tyrants and parents into wimps?

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you knew the parents of those unruly kids you'd be surprised to discover mom and/or dad don't think the kids are brats. I've suggested to the parents of manner free or temper tantruming (is that a verb?) or physically aggressive kids there is a problem to be resolved and the response is always that it's MY problem. Usually when told something is my problem my response is "perhaps, but I'm going to take care of it." It's not useful in this situation. I'd get a "go to jail" card. The alternative response to my suggestion being "my problem" is defensiveness bordering on outrage that I'd think ANY-thing was wrong the behavior of the precious ones. I think the "love is blind" theory applies here. In the same way we prefer to sweep the red flags and faults of a new amour under the rug, some parents are in denial regarding the red flags and faults of their beloved offspring. This is another of those nasty "there's no resolution" problems.

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor old anonymous thinks there is no resolution. There is always a resolution: stop reproducing, raise your children in an appropriate way, make parents pay some sort of consequence for rearing brats. It is ironic that Proverbs says never to trust someone who can't take criticism. They will never be wise. These parents, however, will eventually pay a price and if they grow up they may eventually be mentally older than their children. They just may not recognize the price or the cause.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home