Name:
Location: Arizona

Monday, August 29, 2005

I have been taking care of Jessie, the special needs German Shepherd for the last couple of days so I haven't had time to think much less write in my blog. Jessie was part of a drug raid. She was found tied up in the back yard was taken to the pound and was rescued by a group of people who love shepherds and then found her way to my friends. Dawn and Sylvia take care of my cat Ishkabibble when I go away so I take care of Jessie. Ishkabibble and Jessie are great friends as Ish was abandoned too and finds a another wounded heart in Jessie. Jessie wants to love and be loved but doesn't quite know how. She tries to cuddle and sit on my lap. She follows me around like a lost soul. I hate to think what her life was like before in the meth lab but it is amazing the spirit that survives in her. She is a joy. I only get animals that have been left behind and no one wants. I can't imagine owning an animal I had to pay for there are so many that no one wants. We are responsible forever for the things that we tame. Remember that from "The Little Prince". If you haven't read that book please do. I loved it as a teenager. It was a children's book but more than that. It has lessons for us all. Tomorrow, more on art, science and religion and maybe we can add some neuroscience in there too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Blair said...

As a new mom I can attest to the truth of this statement:
"We are responsible forever for the things that we tame."

It is overwhealming and mindboggling just how responsible we are... and I am fully aware that it is not just about human animals either.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne: Have you read John Richardson's Picasso biography? Two volumes so far. It will never be finished, as Richardson is too old (or maybe dead?), but it is FASCINATING even though you don't like Picasso (me neither). Too expensive to buy, so just ask the library to get them from wherever. I read/love Greek mythology, write poems from it, do art from it, and so forth. If you don't own Robert Graves The Greek Myths, you MUST get it (paperback). You will be AMAZED. Christy

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, remember Christy? Our old pal from down south...
Kate

8:35 PM  
Blogger Anne Coe said...

CHRISTY, so good to get your comments on my Blog. How are things down south? Next time your are up here you must call us.

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home