Name:
Location: Arizona

Monday, August 22, 2005

As an artist I spend way too much time in my head but that enables me to come to some interesting conclusions about "What it is all about". I have been listening to the "Joys of Science" an extended science lesson I wish I had gotten when I was in 6th grade instead of the great experiment of hooking the lightbulb to the battery. That was the lesson in electromagnitism which I understand now to be the most awesome force there is. I degress. I am also doing a course on the Tao and am trying to bring these two things together in my mind. The two concepts, let's call them science and religion, are NOT mutually exclusive, they are the same search. Science deepens the mystery and I suppose that is why some religious types don't like it much since they have it figured out. I like what Max Planck, the father of quantum physics said when he got the Nobel Prize. "There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particles of an atom to vibration and hold the most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix all all matter." That is it. And the really cool thing is, is if you look at this matter vibrating you change it. Change the way you look at things and you change things. It fits, doesn't it. More later. To work

6 Comments:

Blogger Blair said...

I have thought these same things, though I have always considered the idea that an omnipotent force as having "a conscious and intelligent mind" as rather limiting... something along the lines of an old man with a long white beard.
I guess I always thought that there had to be more to the omnipotent force than that...

4:03 PM  
Blogger Anne Coe said...

See my todays entry (Aug 23) wherein I discuss the God Force as Yenta Clause.

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like music is powerful, as it moves our cells, atoms, and changes the vibrations.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Anne Coe said...

Nice idea about music. I am sure it does. It surely moves me. And the reasearch on Motzart and the infant brain.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Anne Coe said...

Nice idea about music. I am sure it does. It surely moves me. And the reasearch on Motzart and the infant brain.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey
my name is jana
i am doing an art assignment on your art works

i think you art is wonderfull !!

i was wondering if you can tell me wat influanced you to do your paintings

thanks

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home